Sunday, March 31, 2019

Room on the yoga floor

Sundays I like attending a morning yoga class at the gym. But timing with a baby can be challenging. Today I was late. And the class was full. I stood in the entryway hoping to find a place for my yoga mat. But none stood out. Until one kind lady stood, moved her mat to the left, and motioned for me to come. She created space. The person to her right also shifted. And suddenly I was in. No longer in the entry way. In the class.

Sometimes we are the ones with a place already on the floor. Our water perfectly arranged. Block set out. In child’s pose. In those moments of belonging, may we remember to look for those in the entry way who need our encouragement. Who need to know there is space for them to join the practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment