Sunday, March 10, 2019

Hello. Goodbye. Hello

A few weeks ago, I didn’t know how to stay home with my baby girl. Now, I don’t know how to leave her. Tomorrow I return to work, and it will be the most amount of time I’ve spent apart from her.

I’m not sure how to be a working mom. How to walk away from her smiles and arms. How to pump in a little room instead of feeding her and hearing her happy sounds.

But it helps (a little) to remember that a few months ago I didn’t know how to be a mom at all. And though I still have lots to learn, I’m learning. She’s helping. So are you, friends.

So baby girl, even though I have to leave for a time tomorrow, we will be okay. I’ll come back. Daddy will take good care of you.

This coming and going is a part of life. It is hard when the space inbetween coming and going is longer than desired. But the best part about goodbye is hello again.

Hello. Goodbye. Hello. And may God bless all the spaces and places around and between those words.



No comments:

Post a Comment