Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Election Day

 Today will be hard.

By its close, some of us will breathe great sighs of relief. Inhale hope that tomorrow, American will be brighter.  

Some will mourn, draw the blinds, fear their neighbor, and wonder if America still feels like home.  

I do not know which camp I will be in. Which one you will either. 

For if this election has taught me anything, it’s that wise and kind people can disagree on what is right for America. What is true. Who is most likely to report facts vs fiction. 

Have some of us been misled along our pathway to the voting box? Given to believe a false narrative? Perhaps in this situation, we all have to a degree. 

So I leave this reminder.  As the future sharpens for the 2021 presidency, may we remember this this truth stated by James Bryan Smith:  "I am one in whom Christ dwells and delights. I live in the strong and unshakable kingdom of God. The kingdom is not in trouble. And neither am I. 

May God bless America, stand beside her. And guide her. Through the night with the light from above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment