Sunday, July 14, 2019

Backpack Envy

She seemed so carefree. Strolling in a Summer dress and backpack.  Bringing back memories of college and summer days with friends.

I don’t want to go back to those days exactly. I’m grateful for my life, for the people in it and the things God has taught me along the way.

But still....something tugs my heart at the sight.

Perhaps it reminds of when I didn't feel old.  When I wasn't so tired.  When staying up until midnight was normal on the weekends.

It reminds me of when my grandparents were all still here, ready to join us for Christmas dinner, my cousins were closer, and Sabbath lunch with my parents was the standard.

I imagine in a few years I will look back fondly on these days. And all the unique joys and new growth they bring.

I am grateful for today.

I am hopeful for tomorrow.

And nostalgic for my backpack and the era it represents.





















Photo by Tomáš Malík on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment