Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mountain Peaks

It's hard to come down from the mountains.

My husband and I just finished an amazing vacation in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and now that we are home, I'm feeling a little sad.

I love our home, our friends, our church.  But there is something special about being on top of the world amid beauty so wild and breathtaking that it scarcely seems real.

It's hard not to miss the crispness of the air.  The snowcapped peaks.  The golden aspens. And trails and trails of forest to explore: open grassy meadows, rocky rivers, and winding inclines with spectacular vistas.

How do you come down from the mountains?

At times life offers amazing moments, incredible experiences, full of promise.
It can be hard to come down from these times as well.   How do we go about living the day to day, once we have learned about the mountain tops and long to return?

I'm sure there are many wonderful answers to this question.   But for now the promise playing in my mind is from Matthew, when a small band of Christians gathered together as they were about to watch their mountain top experience ascend into the sky.  

"Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

No comments:

Post a Comment